TABLE OF CONTENTS
Create a Strategy
VueMail allows you to configure product recommendations that can be used to display on email touchpoints. These emails are triggered during events that customers engage in the most, such as when the shopping cart is abandoned or when there is a product price drop.
You can create product cards with customized content as recommendations to be emailed to customers. You can also combine templates and strategies supported for email touchpoints to form a single or multi-strategy module.
VueMail modules are, essentially, strategies (single or multiple) that are rendered through templates.
A template is designed to display the products to the customers in a specific way. Apart from the preset templates, the product card template is specifically used for modules. You can configure the height, width, color, alignment, orientation, along with the product details.
To create a template:
- Click New Template to create a new template.
- Select Product Card to create and customize a new Product Card template. The new product card can be renamed by clicking beside the default name “Untitled”.
You can configure the following in the product card to customize it:
Select the card orientation as Portrait or Landscape.
Product Image Source
Select the type of image to be displayed from the drop-down.
You can add product attributes to be displayed under the image in the catalog. There are four preset attributes you can choose from, and can add up to ten. For example, you can choose to display price and product title in the catalog. You can further add brand category, if required.
Style: Configure the image, layout and product details.
Border: Select the image border type from the drop-down.
Product Title: All product meta data can be customized. For example, you can customize the following for Product Title.
Price: You can customize to display discounted price along with actual price struck off
Choose a background color from the color palette.
- Click Save. A prompt to rename the template is displayed. Rename the new product card and save. The new template is displayed in the list of available templates.
This option allows you the edit a product card/template and revise customizations.
To edit a template:
- Click the three dots beside a template and select Duplicate to make another copy of the template. A copy of the template is displayed. You can change the name and details to create another custom template.
- Click the three dots beside a template and select Archive to archive the template. Click Yes Archive to confirm.
A module is a combination of strategy and template. While you can customize strategy, the only available template when you create a module is a card template. You can view the list of modules, edit and archive them.
To create a module:
- Select a Template from the drop-down. Only Product Card templates can be used. The module customization page is displayed.
The selected template. Product card is the default for module. The other preset templates are grid, carousel and carousel with tabs.
Embed via Email
This is the module option selected when creating the new module.
Card Height (px): Configure the height of the product card in px. Changes made are reflected in the preview.
Card Width (px): Configure the width of the product card in px. Changes made are reflected in the preview.
No. of Rows: Configure the number of rows. Changes made are reflected in the preview.
No. of Columns: Configure the number of columns. Changes made are reflected in the preview.
NOTE: The default configurations are:
Portrait Mode - H: 350px ; W: 275px
Landscape Mode - H: 220px to 250px ; W: 375px
Use single strategy for all product tiles: Opens in the strategy selection screen and displays all strategies that are supported for VueMail. Select a strategy and Save.
Use a combination of strategies and/or products: Opens in the strategy assembly screen. You can select more strategies or products to create a combination.
Assign static products: You can select static products to be displayed as a strategy.
Choose from the list of preset email platforms:
Click Add New Option to add an Email Platform. Enter the following and save:
Preview the template configuration before publishing. This feature enables you to check if the module has been configured as per preference.
NOTE: Once the module is created you can click beside a module to copy the HTML code for the module or click Send Test Email to mail the preview to yourself.
This option allows you the edit a module and change the required parameters.
To edit a module:
- Click the three dots beside a module and select Duplicate to make another copy of the module. A copy of the module is displayed. You can change the name and details to create another custom module.
- Click the three dots beside a module and select Archive to archive the module. Click Yes Archive to confirm.
- Click the three dots beside a module and select Live to mark the module as live.